- You will need an adult to escort you to and from the Fountain Point Surgery Center on the day of your surgery. For your safety, you will not be admitted to or discharged from the Center without an adult as your driver/escort. Patients will not be allowed to drive, walk or take public transportation following sedation or anesthesia.
- You must arrange to have a responsible adult stay with you for 24 hours following surgery.
- If possible, please arrange for childcare on the day of your surgery.
- Arrival time
- A brief medical history
- Specific instructions
- Do not take anti-inflammatories (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Nuprin, etc.) for 1-2 weeks prior to your procedure, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. If you are unsure of a medication, please ask your doctor. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is safe to use.
- No alcohol or cigarettes after 12 midnight the night before your procedure.
- Please shower the evening before or the morning of your procedure.
- If you develop a fever, sore throat, cough, or infection, notify your physician or the Fountain Point Surgery Center.
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water, gum, mints, hard candy) after midnight, the night before surgery, unless you are directed otherwise. Failure to follow these instructions will result in a delayed or postponed surgery.
- If you have been instructed to take any medication on the day of your procedure, take it with a small sip of water.
- Brush your teeth on the day of your procedure, but do not swallow any water or toothpaste.
- Bring insurance cards and/or any billing related information.
- Bring all of your medications, in their original containers.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that you will be able to easily slip off and on, as well as fit over any bandages or slings that you may receive.
- Bring your eyeglasses. You will not be able to wear contact lenses.
- Bring any dentures, hearing aids and cases in which to store them.
- Do not wear any jewelry (including wedding rings, earrings and piercings), makeup or nail polish.
- Leave all valuables at home.
- If you use an inhaler, please bring it with you.
- If you use a CPAP machine at home, please bring it with you (check with the Pre-Admission Nurse during the phone call, if it needs to be brought into the Center or just available in the car; this is patient specific).
- Comfort items for your child (blanket, toy, pacifier, etc.)
- Empty bottle or sippy cup
- Formula or milk for after surgery
- Change of clothes and diapers.
A member of our nursing staff will contact you by phone several days prior to your surgical procedure regarding:
If you have not been contacted by the day prior to your surgery please call us between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM at (402) 379-5554.
Additional Requirements to Note
We require that at least one parent or legal guardian remain at the Center at all times while your child is in our care.
Items to Bring to the Center
Your child will need your attention on the day of the surgery. We suggest that you do not bring other children with you to the Center.